Meaningful Moments


Meaningful Moments

As I get ready for the upcoming semester at work, I have been thinking about why we do what we do? And I was inspired by this quote from Daniel Pink’s book Drive, “The secret to performance and satisfaction-at work, at school, and at home – is deeply human need to direct our own lives, to learn and create new things, and to do better by ourselves and our world.” 

A meaningful life is one in which we enjoy what we do, we see the value of our actions and feel that it is important.  This year I embark on one in which I would like to approach my work with my eyes wide open.  What is it really that I do, who do I choose to surround myself with and what influences me? How am I contributing to the field, to the community and to my own happiness? 

I realize too that rather than a true search for happiness my actions have often been choices I've made to create meaning in my life, in my work and in my heart.  And often that is not satisfying and with the innate desire to keep searching for happiness, I wonder am I missing meaningful moments that would create happiness?  






Comments