Phony People

Phony People

Phony People everywhere.  EVERYWHERE. Even in education. I was naive to think that we were immune to the cut throat nature of haters. 

When you are used to working in an ensemble and you pride yourself on supporting others and encouraging their growth and supporting best practices, what do you do when energy is bad, what do you do you do to stay afloat?

I think it is important to remember the feeling of how happy you felt the first time you taught your own class, created your own curriculum, developed your own idea and saw it come to fruition. Isn't that what we as educators should want of our students? 

What do you do when your students think you are phony? What do you do to convince them that you have no alternative motive. That you are really just there doing what you say you are doing - or are you?

I was naive thinking I wasn't surrounded by phony people. I learned valuable lessons this past year of people claiming to be interested in work I as doing but really having another reason for saying that.  But I learned. I could sense it, I could feel it.  And I followed my gut and my heart and moved on.

Phony people are toxic. But our pride and heart in teaching will keep us from being sucked in.

Comments