Stiff Jaw

Getting caught up in the Autumn isn't just getting caught up in the changing leaves and the beauty of the season.  It's getting caught up in the new school year and all the responsibilities life throws at us. 

And then exasperation sets in. 

How do we stay in a Zen place to maintain the love of what we do; of who we are; of life? And of course to remain creative!

It is hard, it is challenging. 

I start to feel the struggle in my jaw.  I get a very tight jaw, start grinding my teeth and wake up with head aches. So it's a cycle. Because then that headache doesn't allow me to enjoy my day as much as I'd like.  

We all wish we had more hours in the day, but would that really solve the problem? I imagine that then that I would fill my day with more "stuff" to do.  

So how do I keep my jaw relaxed and in turn manage and juggle life and enjoy the season.  

Sometimes it just means scream. 

"AAAAAAAAGH!" 

And you feel better. 

Or taking a walk and enjoying the moment, celebrating the moment.  But it is hard to remind myself to do that when I find myself in the pit of it.  And once you are in the pit it is so so hard to climb out! 

Take a walk and a breathe of fresh air. And yes even in New York City we can find time, place and space in our lives to do that.  

Remind someone you love today - to do just that. 

Create your own time and space for you! And say good bye to your stiff jaw!


Comments