Change of Season


Change of Season

With the changing of the season’s I was thinking a lot about Pavolov’s Law

Ivan Pavlov  is a Russian physiologist known primarily for his work in classical conditioning; that is a kind of learning that occurs when a conditioned stimulus is paired with an unconditioned stimulus.

I often think about how that applies to my puppies – or dogs- as now they have reached a more senior age at 7 and 10 years old. 
In training, Pavlov’s law applies to help manage relationship between myself and Jack and Ginger.   It works – when I say look at me, they both know if they successfully look at me, at some point, there is a much coveted treat waiting for them.


And as the temperature dropped to the low 70’s last night… and I could feel the crisp autumn air – on it’s way – I know that the summer is slowly coming to an end. That crispness, and the lack of humidity, the smell of the soon coming leaves turning…it clicks on something in me. 

Immediately I am full of hope and wonder. The upcoming school year, the season, the hope, like anything is possible. It gives a glimmer of some excitement more than at any other time of the year. The start of a new – even more than at New Year’s! 
It’s a restored sense of energy that the universe seems to be sending my way.






I leave you with one of my favorite quotes:

“Hold fast to dreams,
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird,
That cannot fly.”


Comments