Winner!

Winner!

I am a driver. I am a driver in NYC. Not always, but often. I grew up right outside NYC in Westchester and have been driving into the city since I learned how to drive. 

I live in Northern Manhattan now and I noticed that no matter how long I look for parking, 10 minutes, 30 minutes, 45 minutes, no matter how long, when I actually find a spot, I feel like such a winner, like I just won a huge award! 

It is a great feeling.  I wish I could capture this feeling and bottle it. What a high, even if brief and short lived, it makes me so happy.  So I thought, when else do I feel this way? 

The Tupperware drawer! Whenever my Tupperware drawer in my kitchen seems to be organized - I feel like a winner. 

Whenever I go to the laundry room and get all five machines – able to do five loads of laundry in the time it takes to do one – I feel like a winner.

I am sure many of this have experienced this one – whenever you find money in your laundry – in the pocket of your jeans or a shirt!  You feel like a winner.

What makes these moments so profound – and each of these moments, although some can be relatable – each of these moments are so personal to each of us.  And then I started to think – would we be happier people if we were able to find this in our day to day lives? 

So join me in this challenge – find one thing each day – that makes you feel like a winner?  Try to do it for a week, 30 days and then a reflect upon how that feeling has changed your daily outlook?

So take the challenge.  Take a picture of your winner moment and either tweet it or post on Facebook or Instagram and hashtag it #imawinnerchallenge and you can also follow my Celebrate Life page on Facebook for more inspiration and share it there! Be a Winner! 

Good luck!


 

Comments

  1. I get this feeling every time I open a bottle of Seltzer and manage to stop it from exploding all over the floor...which is a daily victory :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment