25 Things I Have Learned Since I Started My Sabbatical



I’m about a month and half into my sabbatical.


I was a bit anxious going into it.  I’m not too sure why. Maybe because I was afraid I’d be bored or lonely; or that I wouldn’t take advantage of the time that was gifted to me.  

But among all that I’m doing, here are some things I’ve learned and learned to accept!

#1 I love to eat.

#2 Spend time with children. 


#3 Let it go. Let the angst of the past go.

#4 Dance and sing more.

#5 Clean your closets. It is cathartic.

#6 I need more sleep.

#7 Everything happens for a reason.

#8 It’s ok to say no. You don’t have to do everything, you don’t have to be everywhere. 

#9 Take time to enjoy the city that you live in.  Be a tourist. 


#10 Take a minute to talk to your neighbors, your mailman, and the volunteers at the park. 

#11 Re-visit something, something you wanted to do but didn’t. Try it again.

#12 Accept this: those who don’t understand what is important to you, won’t understand it, so stop trying to convince them.

#13 Read more.

#14 See more theatre.

#15 It’s just not that deep.  Sometimes things are exactly as they seem.


 
#16 Drink more water.

#17 Write every day.

#18 Spend time with your parents, or those who are elder to you.

#19 Share art experiences.

#20 Multitasking is overrated. Do one thing at a time and enjoy it.



#21 Learn something new.

#22 Take a walk everyday.

#23 I really love the Today Show.

#24 Be still.

#25 I am allowed to put myself first.



As I continue with my sabbatical it will be interesting to see how much of this will stay with me.  How much of this can apply to you?



Comments